ClickN KIDS™ is the creator of Looney Tunes ClickN READ® Phonics , an online application that teaches young students how to read with a little help from Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Taz and the rest of the Looney Tunes gang.
We had a chance to review the application and wanted to pass on our thoughts:
1. This is a great app for pre-schoolers and young elementary age students who are just beginning to read. It nicely mixes entertainment with education. Lessons start simply and easily and build upon each other. A current lesson will incorporate past information to reinforce learning.
2. Parents and educators have control over lessons. For example, the initial default lesson assumes that the child has some knowledge of reading and letter sounds. For those with children who are in the very beginning stages of reading, parents can adjust where the child starts based on his or her level. Also, the amount of entertainment can be adjusted as well. The cartoon segments can be limited to reduce the amount of time spent per lesson.
3. This is an online application only. Students will need to have web access to use the program. This provides nice flexibility as students can access the program almost anywhere whether at home with a desktop computer or on the run with an iPad or smartphone.
4. Parents can sign up to use the program monthy with a $9.95 charge or save by signing up for a six month or 1-year contract. Each account can take up to 10 users for an extra charge per addition.
The video below gives a basic walkthrough of what a lesson is like:
6. Lessons can be repeated as many times as necessary. A report card at the end of each segment can let students and parents know where efforts need to be focused.
Overall: This is a great program for students who are preparing to enter school and want to build their reading confidence. It also is a great program for homeschoolers who are looking for ways to supplement their curriculum. It also helps children beginning using a keyboard which is critical skill for our technology filled world.
Try a Free Lesson Now.
The giveaway is for 1 account with 6 month access. It is valued at US$49.95. The contest is open worldwide. Please read entry requirements carefully.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: ClickN KIDS® provided a free account in order to write this review. The opinions expressed are our own.
- Tech Toy News: Justin Beiber partners with Tosy Robotics at CES 2012
- Video Game Giveaway: Nintendo DS Lalaloopsy Sew Magical, Zhu Zhu Babies
- Tech App Review: Looney Tunes ClickN READ® Phonics + Giveaway
- Tech Toy info: What words does Fijit understand and how to interact with her
- Tech Gadget Review: Nomad Play – Digital Paintbrush by Nomad Brush + Giveaway
- Tech Apps for Kids
- Tech Gadget for Kids
- Tech Toy Giveaways
- Tech Toy Info
- Tech Toy News
- Tech Toy Tips
- Tech Toys for Adults
- Tech Toys for Babies and Toddlers
- Tech Toys for Boys
- Tech Toys for Girls
- Tech Toys for Preschoolers
- Tech Toys for Teens
- Tech Toys for Tweens
- Tech Toys on Sale
- Video Games for Kids
Follow us on Twitter
Like Our Facebook Page
Like Our Google+ Page